Build 1.1.5 is out!

Talk about creating mods for Druidstone here.

Moderator: Sir Tawmis

petri

Build 1.1.5 is out!

Post by petri » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:58 pm

Changes in 1.1.5:
- Stop music while in editor
- Added "Create New Mod" wizard which sets up a new mod with correct directory structure
- Steam Workshop support (work in progress, see below)
- Bug fix: editor crashes if F7 is pressed and the level has been saved to non-standard location
- Bug fix: editor asset preview crashes (holding down Alt while mouse is hovering over Asset Browser)

IMPORTANT NOTES:

- Steam Workshop only works for developers at this point! We need to figure out the correct settings in Steam to allow beta testers to access the Workshop.

- The mod directory structure has changed! All file references inside mods should now look like this "mod_data/textures/foo.png" (previously "(my mod name)/textures/foo.png"). The example mod in github has been updated accordingly.

Skuggasveinn

Re: Build 1.1.5 is out!

Post by Skuggasveinn » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:12 pm

Hi.

The test mod always crashes on me after this update (was working before).

level.lua:0: no such object: testmod.test_box
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
obj.lua: in function 'spawn'
level.lua: in function 'add_object'
...ruidstone/mods/testmod-master/mod_data/levels/test.level:206: in main chunk
level.lua: in function 'load_level'
editor.lua: in function 'edit_open_project'
editor.lua: in function 'gui_editor_menu_bar'
editor.lua: in function 'update_editor'
main.lua: in function 'display'
main.lua: in function <main.lua:0>

The testmode.test_box object is defined in the mod_main.lua so I don't know what is causing this.

Also when I try to test my own level (its just a starting location, and a lever) F7 crashes the editor with the following error.

map.lua:0: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'assert'
map.lua: in function 'add_map_obj'
obj.lua: in function 'spawn'
game_state.lua: in function 'start_mission'
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
main.lua: in function 'display'
main.lua: in function <main.lua:0>=== Error ===

I have a site defained (it can be seen on the main map ingame), I have a mission defined. I have a lever defined (like the one in the testmod) that should trigger the victory but F7 always crashes the editor.

on a side note, starting save for a level seems to happen before the level is fully loaded. If I try out my map inside the game and not the editor, I get the tunnel effect when entering the mission but then it crashes, and I have messed up the "continue" save from there on out.

kind regards.
Skuggasveinn.

petri

Post by petri » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:07 am

Hmm... I can't seem to reproduce the first issue (testmod crashing when starting from editor). Is it possible that you updated the mod to latest version while the editor was already running? Currently mod Lua files are loaded only when the game starts, so if you make any changes to the Lua files, they are not reloaded automatically.

As for the second issue, the New Level functionality is currently quite stupid. It generates a map with all squares "blocked", so when the game starts it cannot find any valid squares where to place the heroes. We will fix this for the next build, but in the meanwhile you can do the following:

1. Select the grid_layer tool.
2. Select the "rooms" layer from the Layer dropdown.
3. Alt-click on any square on the map and it will flood-fill the entire level with a room.

petri

Post by petri » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:49 am

Okay, I found the problem:

/mods/testmod-master/mod_data/...

In version 1.1.5 valid characters in mod filenames are letters, digits and underscores. We'll change this in the next version so that '-' is also a valid character. Meanwhile, you can workaround the issue by renaming "testmod-master" to "testmod".

Skuggasveinn

Post by Skuggasveinn » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:14 am

bingo :)

grid_layer was the missing piece, I now have my first level in game and working :)

petri

Post by petri » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:28 am

Awesome! :-) A new build should be out later today, which fixes these issues (and others). Many thanks for the feedback!