Great game, but . . .

Talk about anything related to Druidstone here.

Moderator: Sir Tawmis

Geekoid

Great game, but . . .

Post by Geekoid » Thu May 16, 2019 7:38 pm

I've been playing about an hour, and the dialog is getting in my way, and it's annoying. Especially when replaying a scenario.

7Soul

Re: Great game, but . . .

Post by 7Soul » Fri May 17, 2019 2:03 am

They said they'll add options to skip cutscenes and animations so we just wait

Geekoid

Post by Geekoid » Fri May 17, 2019 5:41 am

Good to here. Teach me to buy something on release day; Nothing ever done.

Futility

Post by Futility » Fri May 17, 2019 7:49 pm

My personal experience is that in the beginning the dialogue / writing is a bit rough around the edges, especially the wall of text exposition right after Tutorial.

In later levels, I found the writing to get better and more engaging. Some cutscenes accompanied by great musical score are very enjoyable and memorable (the campfire scene comes to mind).

mherbold

Post by mherbold » Sat May 18, 2019 9:10 pm

For now just hold down the space bar to skip the dialog pretty quickly.

Ravenwoods

Post by Ravenwoods » Sun May 19, 2019 3:39 am

Honestly, sometimes it is annoying but you can quickly click click click to skip to the end. Entire skip button would be appreciated of course.

Having said that, I actually quite enjoy the writing and I don't think it is as long and arduous as most other fantasy RPG setting games. In fact, because I like Whedon type of bantery, light hearted dialogue, I quite enjoy it.

petri

Post by petri » Wed May 22, 2019 6:14 am

The latest version now skips cutscenes when you press ESC twice.

Ravenwoods

Post by Ravenwoods » Wed May 22, 2019 12:05 pm

Is there a way to speed up the enemy turn animations?

Isaac

Post by Isaac » Thu May 23, 2019 12:18 am

This is something that I would not personally ever use... but if implemented, I would hope for a slider setting in the options menu—and not as a global internal change. Fallout had this in its options, where you could speed up the game, but I found this this seemed useful just to the players who evaluate only their own turn, and not the events leading up to it... I wouldn't ever want to miss any of the enemy actions.

When Pool of Radiance 2 released, there was some user complaints about the speed of zombies in the game—they shambled along just like you'd expect. This was later changed for fan appeasement, and the zombies all became sprinters. :shock:

Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis » Thu May 23, 2019 11:06 pm

Ravenwoods wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 12:05 pm
Is there a way to speed up the enemy turn animations?
Heh - I am weird. Perhaps because of the music, I don't mind the enemy animations. It pulls me all into the game. I will say, the only time I would wish to hurry it up - is if I have failed to hit all the goals, repeatedly - and am trying to knock out ALL of the goals. (The basilisk one, early on is an example of this... I played that one about 10 times!) :lol: