Editor Bugs

Talk about creating mods for Druidstone here.

Moderator: Sir Tawmis

Taycott

Editor Bugs

Post by Taycott » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:26 am

Here are a few bugs that I've encountered while using the editor. I figure this thread could serve as a hub for any future bugs as well (not that I expect to encounter many more, this editor is fantastic :) ).

Ice Demon: When positioning the ice_demon mob a large blue aura remains on the ground even if the placement is cancelled or if the mob is later moved or destroyed. Reloading the scene is the only way I have found to remove the effect.

Interact Action: Enabling the "F_INTERACT_ACTION" flag on a mob does not result in their interaction requiring an action point.
For example, I created a free-able Shido and it is freed properly through the "on_interact" hook but it does not cost an action point despite this flag being active on it. Using "spend_action_point()" on the interacting character works fine as an alternative. Presumably this flag is only intended to be used on objects and not mobs, but I figured I'd share this anyway.

Block Hazard: Enabling the "F_BLOCK_HAZARD" flag on an object and testing the level results in the following error.

petri

Re: Editor Bugs

Post by petri » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:07 pm

F_INTERACT_ACTION: You should return true from the on_interact hook to signal that the action was successful. If you don't do this the game engine assumes that the action was cancelled and action point is not spent.

F_BLOCK_HAZARD & Ice Demon: Thanks! We'll look at this after the summer holidays.

Taycott

Post by Taycott » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:14 pm

2 more minor bugs.

Skipping Cinematics: Pressing esc twice to skip a cinematic in the editor transitions you from the editor into the actual game.
The level continues as normal, but pressing escape again now brings up the pause menu and allows you to return to the world map rather than returning you to the editor.

Reverting Particle Systems: Clicking "revert" on a vanilla particle system crashes the editor with the following error message.
Reverting a saved particle system works fine however.

petri

Post by petri » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:00 am

Many thanks for the bug reports!